Summer is Here Again (2014)
- April 2015 (1)
- March 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (4)
- January 2015 (3)
- December 2014 (3)
- November 2014 (3)
- October 2014 (2)
- September 2014 (3)
- August 2014 (3)
- July 2014 (3)
- June 2014 (3)
- May 2014 (4)
- April 2014 (2)
- March 2014 (5)
- February 2014 (11)
- January 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (2)
- November 2013 (2)
- October 2013 (2)
- September 2013 (4)
- August 2013 (2)
- July 2013 (5)
- June 2013 (8)
Summer is here again. It’s funny how that works – sumer comes every year and with it comes celebrations that include cookouts, pool parties, lounging at the beach and freedom. This year it’s a whole new definition of freedom for us in the Ferretti household and with it comes much more work. If you follow this blog then you know that I quit my job to pursue a dream to be able to change the world with hot sauce. I knew it would mean a lot of work – and it has been work – whether it is actually out in the market ‘pushing’ my product to local restaurants and stores, working on marketing materials and submitting our certification forms to the local authorities or it’s the constant questioning and rethinking of what we are doing and the risk we are taking.
The Path to Success
It takes its toll – and yet I know we are doing the right thing. How, you ask? Because I have been praying about it a lot. Even when I don’t realize it, I am praying, asking, questioning and, thankfully, listening. And guess what? I have been answered. No burning bushes, no skies parting and the voice of God booming out of the heavens. The answers to my prayers have come much more in the form of people, in opportunities, in connections. I have to admit that I am not always the best at interpreting what is going on around me. Some people close to me may even characterize me as ‘oblivious’ at times. Yet even I can see a path. There are many obstacles still along the way but I know it is the path I am meant to be on.
My daily prayer starts like this – “God, your will be done, not mine.” I do my best to be open, to recognize the opportunities in my path, to accept praise, to accept the offers of help. Prayer, like life, never goes the way I expect. If five years ago someone would tell me that I would be quitting my job to start a hot sauce company that donates a large percentage of its profits to charity I would laugh. To be honest, I would think it’s cool but I would definitely laugh at them. Yet, here I am.
What does it all mean?
- It means that this is just the start.
- It means that this is not a ‘let’s make a quick buck’ enterprise; we are in it for the long haul.
- It means that we really believe that we can change the world with hot sauce.
- It means that there is a lot of sacrifice ahead.
- It means that there is a risk of failure.
- It means that there is opportunity for growth.
- It means that we will be part of the answer to solving the world’s problems (yes, it does mean that).
Be part of this movement to change the world
Here’s what you can do:
- Let us know if there is a store or restaurant that should be carrying Hot Sauce 4 Good. Put us in touch with them and we’ll do the rest.
- Spread the word to your hot sauce loving family and friends
- Visit the stores and restaurants carrying Hot Sauce 4 Good and tell them we sent you:
Peace my friends!
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
~Philippians 4:6-7 (NIV)