Merry Christmas - My Top 10 Things to be Grateful For, 2015
Merry Christmas! This year, like all years, has been filled with struggle, difficulty, wonder and awe. As Isaiah foretold and Mary proclaimed, Jesus Christ was born to raise us up the lowly. God makes good on His promises - always.
So, today, I share with you the people, places and things I am most thankful for (in no particular order).
1. My wife - strength, caring, hope, love, life. Not a day goes by where I am not grateful for the opportunity I have to spend my life with her.
2. My parents - I could not have asked for better role models when it comes to being tireless givers. Not only are their hearts in the right place, they put into action what they believe.
3. My children - they travel such difficult roads but I am very proud of them.
4. My church family - blessed.
5. My hot sauce family - the folks at World Vision, Elijah's Promise, Urban Impact, my farmers, my partners, my markets and market team and my customers.
6. My youth group - it is amazing what gifts they offer without even knowing it. I am blessed to have them in my life.
7. My home - solitude, safety, chaos and peace.
8. My job(s) - one to pay the bills, one to follow my dreams and one to do what I do best.
9. My passions - I am so incredibly blessed to be able to do what I love and hopefully make the world a better place in the process.
10. My brain - as wacky as it is sometimes, I love being able to be creative, to explore new concepts for our sauces, come up with new ways to approach old concepts with our youth.
I hope Christmas brings you some of what you want - but more importantly, a realization of all you have. May the Wonder-Counselor, God-Hero, Father Forever and Prince of Peace who was born this day be with you always.