10 Random Acts of Kindness You Can Perform this Christmas
Nine days until Christmas and I've done a pretty good job of "keeping Christ in Christmas". Not perfect, but pretty good. I have avoided the mall as much as possible - just one trip to eat at a restaurant my son is working at (very proud of him and had a good dinner!). The tree is up and decorated and the nativity is prominently displayed. Even with all of that, I find it hard to focus on the real meaning of the season so Laurie and I put this little list of Random Acts of Kindness that we are going to try and work through over the next nine days, starting today. I hope you join us - and please add your ideas for others in the comments - maybe we can inspire some wonder-filled moments during the next week and a half.
- 1. Pay for the person's coffee behind you at the drive-thru.
- 2. Write an anonymous "you are special" note to someone.
- 3. Wave someone into the parking space you were waiting for at the mall.
- 4. Tell the person that checks you out at the store how good a job they are doing.
- 5. When you see someone in uniform, thank them for their service (military, police, fire, rescue, it doesn't matter - they put their lives on the line for you.)
- 6. Put some cash in the Salvation Army's kettle AND thank the bell ringer for what they are doing.
- 7. Buy some extra groceries at the store and bring them to the local food pantry or your church's food collection.
- 8. Drop off a Dunkin' Donuts (or Starbuck's) gift card at the police or fire station.
- 9. Surprise that special someone with something special when they are not expecting it.
- 10. Make a donation to your favorite charity in someone else's honor.
- Bonus 1: Call an old friend that you haven't spoken to in a while just to say hello.
- Bonus 2: give a
- to someone - give the joy of funding someone's dreams!
- Merry Christmas, and may all the joy and peace that Christ brings live in your hearts this season and always.